CATFENCE is the exclusive New Zealand distributor of the OSCILLOT® system.
Installation of your Oscillot® system
Oscillot is simple to install, requiring only a few basic handtools – although an electric cut-off saw makes large jobs easier.
Types of installation
Who can install your Oscillot® system?
Your local handyperson
Ready to DIY? Here’s what you’ll need
- Tape measure
- Marker pen (fine tip) or pencil
- Screwdriver: small Philips drive
- Screwdriver: #2 square drive
- Cordless drill
- Drill bits: 2mm
- Saw: You can cut paddles with a hacksaw or fine-tooth wood saw (we recommend using a mitre box). Even better: an electric drop saw with aluminium-cutting blade.
- File or sandpaper (in case you need to tidy up your paddle cuts)
For a quick introduction, check out the installation video.
For more details, we recommend that you download the installation guide.
Brackets aid in the effectiveness of the Oscillot® System by bringing the paddles away from the fence a few centimetres. Brackets are often used with these fence types:
- Post and Rail Fencing with a horizontal rail within 400mm of the top of the fence
- Vertical Paling Timber Fencing
- Horizontal Paling Timber Fencing
- Brush Fencing
TIP: You can position your brackets in many different ways. Experiment to find which way is most suitable for your particular fence type.