1.8m cat climbing post
Solidly built in New Zealand, the Maxi-3 is the ultimate climbing post for really big cats. It is similar in appearance to the Mega-3 post, with the same size base and platforms, but has several features that make it even stronger:
- Platforms are 18mm (not 12mm) thick for extra stiffness under heavy loads
- The pole is buttressed to reduce swaying when a big cat jumps onto the post
- The centre of gravity is lower to increase stability.
Dimensions in millimetres:
- Height overall: 1800
- Platform heights: 500, 1000, 1500
- Base: 700 x 700 x 18 MDF (sealed so it won’t absorb spilled liquids)
- Pole: 1780 x 90 x 70 kiln-dried pine, plus buttressing
- Platforms (3): 550 x 340 x 18 plywood
- Carpet: Treated with catnip
- Rope: Covering 500mm of the post
- Assembled weight: 28kg
- Shipping dimensions (sent in 2 packages):
750 x 750 x 100 x 15kg, 1900 x 190 x 140 x 13kg
Also available in 1.3m 2-platform version
Why we think these posts are simply the best
Our posts may not be the prettiest climbing posts but they are built BIG (so your cat can stretch while scratching) and STRONG (they take the abuse so that your furniture doesn’t). We don’t use cardboard or cheap fabric coverings which your cat can shred in a few months.
Posts are shipped with fasteners and tool, and take only a few minutes to assemble.
If you’re picking up your post from us in Auckland, we can assemble it, or partially assemble it, for you. Just let us know on the order form.
Made for you
Our workshop in Auckland is very small, so all posts are made to order. Your post will be ready within two weeks of receiving your payment (minimum $100 deposit required when placing order).
Our posts have a one-year warranty against defects in materials and construction. After a few years of constant use, your climbing post may start to look a bit ragged, at which time we are happy to quote on replacing the carpet and rope. The rest of the post should last indefinitely.
Pictured: Felix and Hoku on our first Mega-3 post
– Caroline, owner of a Maxi-3 climbing post